Combat injuries can cause damage in many parts of the body from the head, spine, arms and legs and the peripheral and central nervous systems. After overcoming life-threatening consequences of their injuries, wounded soldiers commonly face prolonged recovery and rehabilitation marked by challenges in coping with persistent pain and the stress of reintegration into civilian life. Pain is a leading cause of veterans’ disability, and acute and chronic pain afflict military personnel and veterans in proportions far exceeding those of the general population.
Thousands of military service members have been injured in Iraq and Afghanistan, and many receive care in military and Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare facilities. Eventually, many are able to return to civilian life, where they may need professional in-home care by home care agencies like Caregiving Experts.
Specialized Care for Veterans with Military Injuries
Caregiving Experts recognizes that our Veterans have made many sacrifices to help keep our country safe and secure. Now it is our turn to keep Veterans who need in-home care, safe and secure in their own homes. These injuries at times can be complicated and will require highly trained health professionals to assist in the recovery and daily care of the effected person. Here are examples of the types of Aid and Attendance Caregiving Experts provides in-the-home:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Personal Care Service
- Blindness Aid and Attendance
- Transportation to appointments and events.
- Memory loss
Over the past decade, Caregiving Experts has assisted thousands of Veterans in need of support, a little extra assistance, professionally trained caregivers and Respite Care. We work close with both the Veterans Administration and Veteran Advocacy Support Centers.
Our professional and experienced team can provide individual attention, from a few hours per day to 24-hours a day, in areas such as:
- A commitment to compassionate professional care and services.
- Encouraging good health maintenance activities.
- Morning wake-up personal care routine and assistance with evening rituals and tuck-in.
- Supporting a proper diet and nutrition.
- Supporting and encouraging exercise.
- Adhering to a rigorous skin care program and protocol ranging from proper positioning and correct body alignment.
- Establishing and following bowel and bladder programs, including catheter care.
- Maintaining mobility and range of motion.
- Assisting with respiratory programs as needed. This may include Trachea suctioning, CPAP ventilator and respirator support.
- Medication assistance.
- Keeping a clean safe environment. Household related task.
- Transportation and running errands.
- Companionship and support.
- Encouraging clients to be independent
Our Military Injury Home Care Team
Caregiving Experts functions in an interdisciplinary manner. This approach brings a singular focus of care and service to the individual and family 24/7.
Your Trusted Source for Caregivers and Home Care Services for injuries sustained from Military Service
Caregiving Experts offers in-home care for Veterans, Military personnel and their families throughout The Greater Detroit Metro area suburbs including Wayne, Oakland County and Macomb Counties. We provide complex personal care to individuals and families coping with a catastrophic spinal cord injury to residents of Plymouth, Livonia, Canton, Novi, Farmington, Commerce Twp., Bloomfield, Southfield, Royal Oak, Troy, Rochester Hills, Clinton Twp., Warren, Grosse Pointe, Dearborn, Allen Park, and White Lake to name a few.