Each year, an estimated 2.5 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury in this country. The impact to the individuals, their families and caregivers is immense. Here are some facts that highlight the significant impact that TBI can have.
- 5.3 million Americans or approximately 2% of the population, currently live with disabilities related to brain injury.
- Men are more than twice as likely as women to experience a TBI.
- TBI is most common among adolescents (aged 15-24) and older adults (75 and older).
- The most common causes of TBI: Falls (40.5%), Unintentional blunt trauma (15.5), Motor vehicle accidents (14.3%), Violence (10%)
- TBI is a contributing factor to a third (30.5%) of all injury-related deaths in the United States
- The direct medical costs and indirect costs of TBI, such as lost productivity, total an estimated $60 billion in the United States.
Specialty Care and Support for TBI Victims and Their Families
When TBI individuals come home from rehabilitation, the family members are often confronted with the reality of returning to their normal life routines as much as possible. Earning a living, taking care of other family members, etc. Family caregivers have less time and energy and sometimes need a helping hand to care for and support a person with TBI. Caregiving Experts services can ease this burden by having Certified Nurse Assistance and/or Medical Assistance attend to your loved one’s needs.
People who suffer from a TBI are often physically weak and need help to maintain personal hygiene and simple household chores. They also tend to be forgetful or suffer from mental lapses that put them at great risk to injuries at home. Having our caregiver in the home who will provide companionship and assistance, can ensure security against many potential risks and threats.
Caregiving Experts will assist your loved one with bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, and other activities of daily living. Our caregivers can even assist with personal fitness and physical therapy. The caregiver will follow a daily schedule or routine that promotes independence and socialization for your loved one. These professional caregivers can provide first aid if needed or call an ambulance in case of an emergency. They also assist people with TBI to take the right medicine on time and to move in and around the house.
Our caregivers and the work they do will give you and your family the peace of mind and assurance, that your loved one receives the best care when you are not around. Caregiving Experts can provide caregivers for a few hours during the day or 24-hour around the clock live-in care.
Caregiving Experts’s professional and experienced team can provide individual attention, 24-hours a day, in such areas as:
- A commitment to compassionate professional care and services.
- Encouraging good health maintenance activities.
- Morning wake-up personal care routine and assistance with evening rituals and tuck-in.
- Supporting a proper diet and nutrition.
- Supporting and encouraging exercise.
- Adhering to a rigorous skin care program and protocol ranging from proper positioning and correct body alignment.
- Establishing and following bowel and bladder programs, including catheter care.
- Maintaining mobility and range of motion.
- Assisting with respiratory programs as needed. This may include Trachea suctioning, CPAP ventilator and respirator support.
- Medication assistance.
- Keeping a clean safe environment. Household related task.
- Transportation and running errands.
- Companionship and support.
- Encouraging clients to be independent
Our Traumatic Brain Injury Care Team
Caregiving Experts’s TBI Program functions in an interdisciplinary manner. This approach brings a singular focus of care and service to the individual and family 24/7.
Your Trusted Source for TBI Caregivers and Home Care Services
Caregiving Experts offers in-home care for TBI individuals and families throughout The Greater Detroit Metro area suburbs including Wayne County, Oakland County and Macomb County. We provide our home care, senior care and dementia care services to residents of Plymouth, Livonia, Canton, Novi, Farmington, Commerce Twp., Bloomfield, Southfield, Royal Oak, Troy, Rochester Hills, Clinton Twp., Warren, Grosse Pointe, Dearborn, Allen Park, and White Lake to name a few.